Mon, Apr 24|
Heart of Houston Birth and Wellness
Baby Sign Language 8 Week Series Level 1
Baby Sign Language Classes with Words by the Handful
Time & Location
Apr 24, 2023, 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Heart of Houston Birth and Wellness, 6550 Mapleridge St Suite 100, Houston, TX 77081, USA
About the event
Baby Sign Language Class - Level 1
8 week session (once a week for 30 minutes)
March 20 - May 8, 2023
11:30am - 12:00pm
$150 for non Members and 12% discount for WHC members
Your baby understands you, but can't yet speak, and you can't read your baby's mind (or not well enough!). Baby sign language can give your baby a way to communicate with you even before they can talk. Start with a few signs - just a handful - and build up to as many as you and your baby want and need. It's a fun way to promote a language rich environment in your home - and to take some of the frustration out of life before language for your baby and your whole family.
- Baby Sign Language Classes for parents with their children (approximately 6 months to two-years old). (Age questions? Read this.)
- American Sign Language for moms, dads, grandparents, nannies and babies in a fun, relaxing environment.
- Learn signs through songs and music with Mimi Brian Vance.
- Session includes eight classes - 30 minutes each.
- FIVE focus words/signs each class, along with many others.
- Class ebooklet
- Class Completion Certificate
Classes are progressive (each class building on the previous), and focus on:
- 5 new signs (and more!) reviewing signs from previous weeks how to do the signs when to do the signs how to implement signing songs to help remember and repeat the signs between classes anecdotes about how signing works in a baby’s life what to expect from yourself and your baby tips for helping you work with your baby on signing theory of signing and language development